Saturday, May 4, 2013

Winding down.

It is hard to believe that the year is at its end. The seniors have about a week left--although some have already checked out. The rest of the kids can feel it, too. Even so, they are making some good stuff. This is a plaster cube that a kid made. He made a 6"x6"clay mold, which was a long process, but his efforts are in the nearly-finished piece once the plaster was poured in and the clay removed. His original thought was that the object would be one that was recovered from an archeological dig somewhere. I cannot wait to see it with some color.



I've been taking classes and lessons to get the clay studio going in a good direction, and I will. I'm going to change things up quite a bit, but I don't know how I'm going to implement the changes. I guess that is why I'm continuing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment